The pictures were provided by Dave Cutts CPAGB and with the kind permission of the then owners Karen and Peter Sudworth

  Poplar Hall in 1955
  Poplar Hall being re-thatched in 2007
 The fire insurance company plaque is the only one remaining in the village. It is on the side of the house facing the road.  These plaques were prominently sited,quickly identifying that the property had paid for fire insurance.
Fire Insurance Company plaque