We are very grateful to Miss Pimblett, Carol Eaton & Frances Roberts (also for their accompanying text), Gill Turner, Joy Lafferty, Pat Meads and many other residents for their help to build this collection of photographs

click on a photograph to see the enlarged picture


old forge
The old forge adjacent to Forres/Forge Cottage
inside old forge

inside forge
above and below - inside the old forge
forge interior
Miss Gardiners shop oldpostoffice
Miss Gardiners shop sale The Old Post Office inb 1907 - by 2012 it was the 1st of 3 post offices.
The 2nd was in The Row and the 3rd is in our village shop)
High Street Shop
The Village Shop c 1907
Crow Street
Crow Street. Opposite the yellow - yes yellow - telephone box is Macky Willet's shop at the side of Cedar Cottage
bread charity
Poplar Hall to the left; wheelwrights to the right next to the Cock Inn Bread Charity prior to WW2
Church Street
Church Street 1910. The two blacksmiths and some children outside the old forge. The forge moved next to the Cock in about 1921. Standing on the cart is the man who used to fill the potholes in Henham's roads
frank camp delivering milk c1928

1928 - Frank Camp delivering milk to Stone Cottage
cThe garage formerly the Star Pub
Pat Meads and his father Charlie, outside Starr Garage with their Rover 100 and Model T Ford
starr
The Star Pub as a garage
star cottage being rethatched
2016 - 'Star Cottage' being re-thatched
star garage in 2016
Star Garage in 2016
post office

1900 stagecoach

c1900 stagecoach outside The Cock Inn

the wary pond
The Wary Pond
the row 1

above and below - The Row
the row 2
henham moat