Bury Cottage

Bury Cottage

elsenham cross

Elsenham Cross with the Crown pub on the right when these buildings were still in the parish of Henham

henham road debden green

Henham Road, Debden Green

milk round


Frank Camp delivering milk to Stone Cottage in 1928. Ruth Johnson (nee Hayden) is bringing her jug to the door to be filled (no milk bottles in those days). Bill Camp took over the milk round from his brother Frank in 1970 and now Bill's son Dennis runs it with his wife Marion.... The Camps have had a milk round in the village for a very long time. When Bill's father, William (Billy) delivered milk there were four rounds in the village. The other rounds were run by the Balaams at The Bell, Elms Farm and Mrs Markwell from Ugley. All of them delivered twice a day after milking (our thanks tro Carol Eaton and Frances Roberts for the text.

Mill Road crossing

Mill Road railway crossing in 1949. The bungalow in the background called 'Hill Top' was built for the King family in 1930 by Ernie Wright. Walter King bought the land, which was part of Mill farm, in 1927 for the princely sum of £45. The waiting room at Mill Road on the left of the picture, used to be the signal box at Pidley-Cum-Fenton (about 7 miles north-east of Huntingdon). When no longer needed there it was moved to Henham to shelter villagers as they waited for the train (our thanks to Carol Eaton and Frances Roberts for their text taken from 'Memories of Henham").

Plantation Road

post office

prayer
Prayer found in house in Church Street

coronation


Woodend Cottages site development

proposed development at Wood End Green


wary 1
wary 2

2nd July 2016. An opportunity to purchase a superb development project for sale in Henham, Essex with planning permission for two substantial detached dwellings located on the outskirts of the village.

Information

The site occupies a private position, set back from Chickney Road behind a number of other established residential properties, adjoining open countryside to the north. The site has mature hedgerow boundaries and a number of mature trees providing a degree of privacy and enhancing the amenity value of the plot. The approved planning permission provides for two detached four bedroom dwellings, each extending to approximately 230 sq m (2,475 sq ft) gross internal area, each with a detached two bay cart lodge/garage.

Location: Development Site, Woodend Cottages, Henham, Bishops Stortford, CM22 6AY
Guide price: £500,000 / Freehold
Additional:1.30 acres


rise of land

This is a track from the unnamed road leading from The White House to Little Henham. At the top of the track is a small plot of land that was the site of Brayshott Cottage. It can be located at 51* 56'41.23" N 0*13'45.74" E. This building was once the home of Michael Cornell (see his story at http://www.henhamhistory.org/BuryCottage.html


shop modern

Henham village shop c. 2016

The following 3 images are of SIBLEYS

sibleys plan

sibleys

street 2

street 3

the row

untitled 3

untitled
Mount House

 

 


© Henham History